I had to work that night and so I didn't get home until 10pm. When I walked in the house Eden was sitting on the couch and her arm was hanging from her side. I ask Les what was wrong and he told me that she fell at daycare and that she was fine. Well... I'm the mama and I know when things aren't fine. So I asked Eden to squeeze my hand and she couldn't do it....that confirmed it. My baby girl was NOT fine.
So the next day I took her to the doctors. We didn't see our regular doctor (and thank goodness we didn't) The doctor thought that maybe her arm was just dislocated at the elbow and so she tried this maneuver to pop it back into place... well Eden screamed bloody murder. The doctor was afraid she did it wrong so she had another doctor come in and take a look. Well, he tried the same thing and Eden about passed out because it hurt so bad! I felt so aweful for my little girl. She just screamed "Don't touch my arm!!" We were sent to Riverton Hospital to get an x-ray. The whole way there Eden kept asking me to not let anyone twist her arm. I told her I promise I would not let anyone twist her arm again....but she didn't seem to convinced.
Every person who came near to us from that point on got a "Don't touch my arm okay?!" Luckily the radiology nurse was SUPER nice and promised not to twist her arm. The nurse said with her while they did the x-ray and made sure to ask Eden each time she needed to move her arm if it was okay? Eden said "No" every time until the nurse offered her a sticker in return and only then did Eden allow the nurse to touch her arm.
After the x-ray, we were sent to an orthopedic surgeon to verify that the break was not on the growth plate. Lucky for us it was not and just a hairline fracture. So we were sent back to our doctors to get a soft cast on. When I told Eden we had to go back to the doctor she informed me that she was NOT be seeing the "bad doctor" this time around. I assured her that we were going to see the "nice doctor" who would make her arm feel all better...again she didn't believe me. When we walked into the doctor's office. She made it very clear to everyone around that she did NOT want to see the bad doctors...only the nice ones. When her name was called she asked the nurse if she was bad or nice? The nurse told her she was very nice and that she was going to help make her arm feel better.
While we were in the room waiting for the doctor to arrive, Eden was very nervous that the "bad doctors" would come in. She kept asking me to not let them twist her arm. I felt so bad she had been so traumatized. All I could do was keep telling her that the doctor was going to make it all better. When the doctor walked in, it was a different doctor and that seemed to calm Eden down a bit but she did make sure to tell him not to twist her arm. He promised he wouldn't and told her he was going to make her arm ALL better. He carefully put on the soft cast and sent us on our way with yet another sticker. Eden was so happy her arm felt better and her shirt was covered with stickers!
We headed back to the doctors after the long Memorial weekend. When we pulled up to the doctor's office Eden got really anxious. She wanted to confirm with me for the 100th time that we were here to see the "nice doctor"....yes, the nice one. I told her that the nice doctor was going to put a purple band-aid on her arm and make it feel all better. She was pretty excited about the purple part of the deal. When the doctor walked in the room (the same doctor who put on the soft cast) Eden squealed "OH IT'S THE NICE DOCTOR! HOORAY!" The doctor got a good laugh about that.
First the doctor put on the cloth sleeve that goes under the cast. When he pulled it on her arm, Eden looked up at me with big eyes (she was on my lap) and whispered "It's not purple mama" ready to cry. The doctor said "hold on! I have the purple right here!" He then pulled out the purple gauze and Eden's face lite up! She said "Oh, it's beautiful!". The whole time the doctor was wrapping her arm Eden kept looking up at me with a HUGE smile on her face. She whispered "I love it!" When the doctor was all done, he asked her what she thought and she told him "I love it! You did a good job!" The doctor laughed and said he'd see us back in 4 weeks to take it off to which Eden replied "No! I don't want it off!!!"
Eden couldn't be more thrilled that her whole arm is purple. Sometimes I catch her kissing her arm and saying "you are beautiful!". She cracks me up!




1 comment:
Oh my goodness. I feel bad for Eden and all, but how could I feel so bad when she says the cutest stinkin stuff! I just want to hang out with her all day!
yay for being done with school!
Post a Comment