Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Painting

October 13, 2012
Instead of being with my husband on our 5 year anniversary, I was at my mom's so he could work on our basement...we are romantic like that! At my mom's we loaded the kids into the car and headed up to a little fruit stand that's next to the highway on your way to Brigham City.  The kids got to each pick out a pumpkin to paint.

The kids had fun walking around carefully deciding which pumpkin they wanted to take home...
Eden REALLY wanted a white pumpkin and she walked around until she found one taht wasn't "yucky".  I told her she had to pick one that she could carry and so after careful consideration she found "the one".

After paying a whomping $1.27 for all six pumpkins we headed back to Pa's and let the kids loose to create their masterpieces...
My little girl is an artist.  She was very maticulous with her painting.  She'd dip her brush in the water, tap the side, and then mix all the colors together to create the most wonderful color ever to behold by a 3 year old.
Eden made sure to cover every inch of her white pumpkin and once that was accomplished she put her hands in the hair and said "All done! It's BEAUT-I-FUL!"
After everyone was done, she hosed them down in the sink and off they went to play.  Each kid wasn't allowed to touch ANYTHING until Aunt Marie gave them the A-OK.  One by one I wiped them down and removed their smocks and sent them on their way.  Bennett was the last to get the once over...and I had to do just that.  I could not find a drop of paint on him anywhere.  I just laughed and said "Bennett did you even paint a pumpkin?!"  He will be our artist for sure!

No comments: