This year was suppose to be a "small" low-key party. Last year I went a little overboard making all the kids capes and in the process drove my husband crazy. I told him I would tone it down a bit, so I only invited one group of friends (so I apologize if you didn't get an invite). Well, one group of friends turned out to be 23 kids! How does that happen? I only sent out 11 invitations! Well, once I tallied up the head count I realized that my house was going to be WAY too small, so my wonderful sister in law offered her house...and I'm not one to decline.
Party Details:
Once all the kids arrived, they split into two groups and headed out on a treasure hunt...
Ye found me map, a treasure a waits,
so gather together all your shipmates.
Follow the map and you will find,
that "X" marks the spot to the treasure of mine.
First, travel to Scurvy Forest and beware,
for hanging around is your 1st pirate item there.
Next, it's off to Shipwreck Island, and careful while you steer,
for it's there you will find the 2nd of your buccaneer gear.
Now it's to Mermaid Falls where you'll walk the plank,
be sure to grab your final pirate item lying near it's bank.
Last it's off to Jumpy Bumpy Forest where you'll rendezvous with the other buccaneers,
and it's there where "X" marks the spot will appear.
The treasure hunt led them to a treasure chest pinata filled to the brim with candy, toys and all things pirate. Once the party started and all chaos broke loose, my camera was set down never to be picked up again. I am quite ashamed to say that I have ZERO pictures of the party, so I'm hoping grandma and grandpa snapped some shots for me.
After the kids filled their bags with treats, it was time to sing to the birthday girl. All the kids gathered as the cake was revealed...
She was a bit emotional and whinny all day, but hey it's her birthday and she'll cry if she wants to. Eden used her own money to buy the figures for this cake and after she blew out the candles she gave all the figures away to her friends! I was like "What are you doing?! Are you sure?" She was all "Ya, mom, they can have them... it's okay!" Well, once we got home she cried her eyes out because she didn't have her pirate crew anymore....
After cake we did gifts. Eden made out like a bandit! The amount of gifts was crazy! We have some pretty awesome friends. By the end, the only person watching Eden open gifts was her cousin Landrie because she was the one handing her each present. The other kids got bored after about 10 minutes and so they went off to play. I'm not going to lie, I went throw her gift and put aside about half of them and said "Thank you! Christmas shopping done!"
As the kids started to leave, I made sure they took home their thank you/party gift...
The kids were able to pick a ship and fill it with edible gold! Ya know, I'm awesome like that and like to send the kids home with as big of a sugar high as possible!
The chocolate gold coins were a big hit. All the kids wanted them. When the party was over Eden was VERY upset that all the chocolate gold da'blooms (side note: gold da'blooms are what pirates call their gold) were gone and she didn't get any!
So low-key, it was not.. but it was a crazy, chaotic blast, like all birthday's should be. Next year, family party...I think.











1 comment:
That cake is BANANAS! I mean the whole party is awesome, but that CAKE!
Post a Comment