Man, where have I been? Why has it taken me so long to update my blog....oh that right, I'm a crazy person these days! My life consists of work, cleaning the house, finishing our basement, more work where I actually get paid, oh yeah, and planning a birthday party...No big! I can't believe I'm 27 weeks. I'm just a week shy of my 3rd trimester. Where has the time gone? At my last doctor's appointment I was informed I would now be coming every 2 weeks. I asked my doctor if she was joking, she wasn't. What a pain every 2 weeks is. That's a lot of time I have to get off. Who has time for that? Definitely not me! It's also a reminder that this baby is coming soon and I still have LOADS to do before I'm ready.
This week I have an ultrasound that I'm a little nervous about. At my 20 week ultrasound they saw some bright spots in little man's tummy. It's called echogenic bowel. Basically what that is, is when the stomach or bowels look as dense as bone or cartilage. Apparently it's a marker for like a bazillion different things (including cystic fibrosis and down syndrome) and so my doctor wanted me to have a follow up to see if it was still present. My doctor didn't seem to concerned. She told me it happens quite often and usually means nothing but they like to keep an eye on it just in case. Well, being the naturally paranoid pregnant person that I am...I stress. So cross your fingers for me!
The rest of this week will be spend putting together the final touches for this little girl right here. Can you guess the theme?


No comments:
Post a Comment