Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fra -la-la-la...la-la-la!

I have been avoiding this post going on two weeks now.  With this post means an end to my life as I know enjoy it.  No more sleeping in, no more staying in my pj's all day long, no more spending my days playing mom and loving every minute of it.  With this post means my Christmas break is O-V-E-R and it's back to the world of stressful tests, hours of studying and splitting my time between my little girl and all the other things that need my attention.  With a big sigh comes this post, for I have no desire to let it end, but end it must and so here is goes...

Oh were to start... how 'bout Christmas Eve.  It was wonderful spending the day surrounded by my favorite people.

My mom's house was chaotic and loud...just the way I like it. And what better way to spend your Christmas Eve than in the Hutchison Winter Wonderland?  My mom never disappoints and so the house was dressed to the nines and Christmas just oozed from every corner...
Kids were excited as ever to get the party started.  They knew Santa was coming and they could hardly contain themselves.
I was the crazy person taking pictures at every turn and setting up my tripod to capture these moments on my video camera.  I wanted to remember every moment of it and take it all in. I have every intention of make a little Christmas movie for all to see...(we'll see how long that takes but I am determined!)

We had a DELICIOUS Christmas dinner of enchiladas with all the toppings. And it just wouldn't be Christmas if it didn't involve some egg nog...am I right?
It was tough wrangling the kids to come and eat because all they wanted to do was play, play, PLAY!
Grandma and Pa gave the kids their presents before all our guests arrived so they would have something to play with while the adults played some games of their own.  Two little princesses received their very own castles to hide from the "bad guys" and shoot them down! (good luck trying to get those two to come out)
Whenever I went to check on them, Eden tried to convince me to MAKE myself fit in her castle with her, but there was only enough room for one queen and her throne!  Eden and Ever played princesses all night long.  Ever got a whole batch of princesses and she insisted on carrying them ALL wherever she went.  Brennen and Bennett were happy to be the "bad guys" while Eden and Ever squealed in delight chasing after them.

While havoc was reeking downstairs, all us big kids played some games.  We played dirty bingo and the infamous Left, Right, Center Game.  Some would call this gambling but other would call it "A WHOLE LOTTA CASH!"
As the night wore down the kids began to get restless and cranky (might I add) and so we took some time to decorate some cookies for the jolly old man himself.
and don't think we forgot about Rudolph and all this buddies...we would never!
reindeer feed station...CHECK!  Oats, carrots, raisins, potato chips, cocoa, flying powder...don't forget the glitter (to attract the reindeer to your house, of course!) All the essential ingredients that are needed to keep the reindeer busy and happy while Santa fills the house with toys!
 (don't forget to shake it!)

After a "20's" picture with all the girls (all us kids are in our 20's....my poor mother)
we opened our jammies in preparation for the big night!
Then it was OFF to bed so Santa would come...
Early in the morning (early for those of you without children...or dad's in general for that manner) it looked as though Santa had indeed come.
I snuck upstairs to take a peak at the transformation that occurred.  Before we went to bed only a few presents laid beneath the tree, but after Santa had come the room was filled with all sorts of surprises. Staring at the room with the Christmas tree lights a glow, you could just feel the magic of Christmas morning all around.  I felt the familiar feeling I had long forgot.  The excitement and anticipation was stirring up inside me.  I.could.not.wait. to see my little girls face when she walked up those stairs!
Then, as Christmas music played softly in the background and while my video camera was again rolling, I watched as everyone made their way up stairs while rubbing the sleep out of their eyes.
Christmas Day was here and Santa did not disappoint! 
Once wrapping paper covered the floor and toys were being ripped from boxes, we got dressed and headed out to start our day... This little girl made out like a bandit and there was still more in store!
We left my parents and headed to Les' brother's house for some Christmas breakfast...come to find out, Santa dropped a present there for Eden as well.  
At first she wasn't sure what to do or say, she just shyly hid behind Les' leg.  When she finally realized that it was actually for her, the first thing she did was buckle Buzz into the passenger seat and then she was off!
After breakfast we made a stop at Grandma Rosy's and then a pit stop at our house to empty the loot. Then headed straight to Les' OTHER brother's house for some lunch.  We were exhausted but happy to spend the day visiting with family.  Finally, when I could take no more I insisted we go home and baby girl was OUT.  
I feel ya sister... it was a LONG day!  

Christmas was so much fun this year watching my little girl take in the magic of it all.  Her little eyes wide with wonder and shouts of "this is my favorite day ever!  I SOOOO happy!"  It makes these days even harder to let go because it means I have to work extra hard to make these moments while so many things require my attention, but my heart is happy. With that said, I take it with me as I set my alarm for 6am tomorrow to start the grueling task of finishing this school year!  

2011 was great and if I can survive 2012 then the rest is cake! 

2 comments:

Ulrich Family said...

Hi Marie. Looks like you had a great Christmas and birthday. I just saw the post with Johny ahhh flash back to some crazy days!! I made me smile we may have been crazy but we sure had fun.

Megan said...

Man. Now that I am a mom and I REAIZE again how many GIRLS your mom had in such a short time, I think she will go straight to heaven ;)

And of course the house was loud. Has it every been any other way? lol.

Your Christmas sounded fantastic, Good luck with school.