Today I felt it. It was real and it was tangible. I could feel it dance all around me. It was fairly simple you see...you just take 1 part christmas lights + 1 part two year old and you get...Christmas magic!
After church today while a yummy dinner was roasting in the oven, we made use of the waiting time by turning on Pandora Kids Christmas and headed into Eden rooms to give it the good 'ol Christmas make over. Eden diligently handed me the tape while I strung some lights around her room. She wasn't exactly sure what we were doing but with a good effort of excitement from mama she was okay to go with me on this journey to Christmas Spirit.
We paused occasionally to dance it out to our favorite tunes as the echoed through the house. Once it was all finished I told Eden it was time to hit the lights! She ran to her desk, carefully climbed on top of it and REACHED to turn off the lights....and BAM! magic instantly filled the air. Eden gasped and said "OH MY! THANK YOU MAMA! It's my favorite!"
We laid on the floor to soak it all in. We watched as lights drooped and promptly secured them with more tape for good measures. We stood and twirled/danced as we sang "Jingle Bells" and "It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas". Eden squealed when Les got home from work and rushed to greet him at the door with a "Dadda! Come look!" He oohed and aaahed as Eden flipped the lights on and off to show him our creation.
After dinner and nice warm bath, we tucked our little girl in and promised to keep her Christmas lights on while she fell alseep. An hour later as I was putting folded clothes away, Les walked in and said "Go look at our daughter. She's in heaven". I peaked into her room and there she was just laying in bed with the biggest grin on her face. You could see it in her eyes. Her room had transformed into something of a dream, something magically and she just couldn't take her eyes off of it.
I asked her what she was doing and she said "Come lay with me a minute, mamma" How could I resist? How could I not soak in all that was happening in this room? I squished myself next to her on that tiny little toddler bed and there we laid...just gazing at the magically lights. I felt transformed by the glowing of her room. I felt like a child again. I could almost taste the excitement that makes you so sick you can hardly stand it. As I peaked at my girl, there she was just smiling the biggest happiest smile with the occasionally squeeze for mom.
I whispered "Your room is beautiful Eden" to which she replied
"Jesus will be so happy that I put up Christmas lights for his birthday" (Melt my heart!)
"Yes, Jesus will be happy"
"Mary will be so happy too!"
"Yup, and Mary too" (I want to die right now!)
"And Santa will be so happy that he will bring me a BIG buzz cuz I love Jesus" (You've got it my dear)
Then we spoke more about baby Jesus and how Christmas is his birthday and how since Jesus lives in heaven he asks us to give present to the ones we love since he doesn't live here. Then I re-assure her that if she's good Santa will indeed bring her that BIG buzz she keeps talking about. I gave her one last kiss and told her good-night. As I walked out the door she said
"Mama?"
"Ya baby?"
"I'm so happy."
"Oh good! I love you, honey. Good Night"
And that is what magic is made of!





No comments:
Post a Comment