Friday morning I woke up feeling not so hot (thanks alot Sara!). I woke up to a full blown cold. Head congested, nose stuffed and my throat was killing me. I bucked up and went to school. May I just say, I have the most WONDERFUL friends at school though, I arrived to a basket full of goodies and was taken to lunch followed by a trip to my favorite dessert spot "Sweet Tooth Fairy". They really are the best and are the only reason I actually make it to school each day! After school we went to dinner with Les' best friend to the Pizza Factory for my birthday. Oh how I love this place. I could eat breadsticks dipped in honey butter until I am blue in the face. It was a great start to what I thought to be another uneventful and "learning" year for my husband.
Saturday I laid in bed most of the morning and Les was nice enough to wake up with Eden and feed her breakfast so I could get some extra sleep. When I finally rolled out of bed, still not feeling so great, I was pleasantly surprised to find the house all picked up and looking nice. I thought to myself "Well, if nothing else, at least Les cleaned the house for me...that was very sweet" We are tight on cash these days with Les' summer job at and end and waiting for his winter job to begin and so I was not expecting to receive any presents that day and I had prepped myself for it so I was all good.
I was feeling a little down because not only did I feel like crap but I felt like my birthday was just going to pass by without a notice. My sisters had been trying to plan a day to come down, but the day they wanted to come all their kids ended up sick and so we had to reschedule. I knew Les had no money to buy me presents at the time and so I was feeling a little gloom. I promised myself that I would take any birthday money I got and go take myself on a little, but much needed shopping spree.
Les asked me if I would go on a ride with him to one of his customer's house to get a check and since I just wanted to spend my day snuggling with my family I decided to go (which I rarely do) and so off we went. After we grabbed the check, Les asked me if would be okay to stop by the bank so he could deposit said check and I told him that was fine. While driving to the bank Les kept texting on his phone (naughty naughty) and I was getting after him about it. I asked him who he was texting and told him to stop. He told me he was texting one of his playstation buddies. I offered to text for him so he could stop breaking the law and he told me to "relax". It happened a few more times and I was about to rip the phone out of his hands before we arrived home.
When we got home Les told me that he was going to park on the street so he could scrap off our driveway (it had snowed the night before and was looking a little icey) I thought nothing of it and told him to open the garage so I could run Eden and me inside. He told me to go through the front door and without any thoughts as to why I had to open the front door with my key rather than use my garage opener... I walked inside and OUT JUMPED my sisters! I about had a hard attack! Eden screamed and starting crying as well. I was NOT expecting them.
I started laughing my head off as they told me how they planned this surprise last minute and nothing was going right for them. They had arrived moments after we left to run our errand and they kept texting Les to help them find the things they needed (so it wasn't his playstation buddy after all). I was welcomed home to my "CREATIVE" birthday celebration.
C was for Craft...a Christmas craft that is
R was for Relax...with a pipping cup of hot chocolate while we listened to some Christmas Music that was blarring in the background (also a reason for a frantic txt to my husband. First they couldn't find a CD player, then they couldn't find my christmas CD's so they decided to use Pandora on my computer but couldn't log in without my password)
E was for Exfoliate..for beauty. A home-made face peel was on the agenda.
A was for Appetizer.. Santa hat appetizers at that
T was for Tea...Mormon Tea that is... to help with my cold in case hot chocolate didn't sound good (which it did and so tea was omitted this round)
I was for Ice Cream Cones or Cups that served as my decorations that Christy spent most of the set up time trying to create.
V was for some VERY luxurious lotion and body wash. and finally,
E was for Extra...wood for our craft...just in case.
So I was handing a cup of hot chocolate as my sister's explained to me that we would be making a craft together for my birthday. I was stoked because they picked a craft I was just about to make by myself.
They got some old frames at the DI and we spray painted them lime green. While they were drying outside we pampered ourselves to a home-made face peel.
Eden even got in on this action...
Here we are exfoliating as we gather our supplies to assemble our craft...
While our faces dried we pulled out the ornaments my sister Christy got from the dollar store and arranged a collection of bulbs we liked...
Then we took different ribbon and strung our bulbs through them.
Last we made a bow for the top of our frame...
We glued the bow to our frame and then glued our hanging ornament to the back of the frame and WHA-LA!
So stoked about this right now. I love it! It has become my new inspiration for all my christmas decor. I call it Whimsical WonderLand and I hope to have my house decorated top to bottom with stuff like this come next year!
While we were assembling our craft we took a minute to remove our facial peel. Little did we know that not only would be ridding our face of blackheads and dirt... we would also be giving ourselves a little waxing as well....
Laughing through the pain...but our faces felt like a baby's bottom when we were done!
My sister's had to head back home shortly after to relieve my mom of sick children but it was so awesome to have them there. It really made my day. I was expecting a very low key and dare I say depressing birthday but it ended up being everything I always hope my birthday to be. I got to see my sisters and we had a blast. Later that afternoon Les' parents took me out to dinner to finish off my birthday celebrating.
I couldn't ask for anything more. My husband HAS learned that something must be done on my birthday and he got a big wet (and sick filled) thank you kiss from me. I was seriously so surprised he helped my sisters plan my bday. I love him even more because of it. My birthday was the best...just as it should be!

















2 comments:
pretty sure it is lame that the only appearance i make in the blog is to be blamed for getting you sick, when indeed we threw you a little birthday part at school. but APPARENTLY it was not sweet enough because you didnt even mention it...LAME.
I forgot you had the same birthday as Michelle. Happy birthday! I'm glad you're sisters made it special, you do have a pretty great family.
Post a Comment