Sunday, September 11, 2011

Super Hero Party Part 1

Watching over our city is a group of fearless superheroes.

They spring to action when called upon.

Their super strength and super speed allow us all to sleep a little sounder at night.

They are the Birthday Superheros...
Super Brennen

Transformer Bennet

Super Eden
and their faithful non-birthday side kick...
Evil Ever

This Saturday we did it again...and pulled out our awesomeness (real word) and put on a the best dang super party there ever was. 
We suited up our superheros...
We played some pretty awesome Super hero games to test our Super Skills.  For example,  we had to shoot the "bad guys"  of the table as fast as we could...
We had some flight practice...
Then we moved on into the REAL important stuff...like presents. Pretty much the kids were spoiled.
Eden was stoked this year for presents.  All day long she kept saying "My birthday Party. Happy birthday to MEE!"  It was hilarious and when it came to gifts, she was all over it.  Her favorite gifts were the doll stroller Tia (Aunt Christy) gave her and the present grandma gave her.  She got a Woody and Jessie doll and she couldn't be more thrilled.  She kept squealing "JESSIE!!!  WOODY!!!" (see mid-squeal below)
Natalie was with us via Skype and so all the kids were constantly running up to the computer, getting as close as they could to show Aunt Natalie all their gifts.
As soon as Woody and Jessie were opened, Eden was done with gifts.  She had all she needed.  She strapped them into the stroller and she was off!  There was no concern for gifts in the way, toes/people in the way or the uneven grass she was trying to push them in...she was on a mission, happy as a clam pushing her babies in that stroller.
After we convinced the kids to set aside their toys momentarily, we sang them happy birthday, which to my surprise was actually a normal sounding song.  I'm not sure I've ever heard it sung this way in my family before.  Without Natalie and Tracy around there was no off key singing or screeching at the end, it actually went quite beautifully.
I'm still in denial that my precious baby is going to be TWO years old.  How does this happen?  She is so big, literally so big...I can't keep the kid clothed.  She was so happy it was finally HER party.  She was been waiting for this since Clovi's birthday in June.  She was so tired and hadn't had a nap all day, which lead to mini melt downs and hissy fits when someone touched her precious Woody and Jessie dolls but I asked her if she had a fun party and she said..."My Party!  I love it!"  so how can you go wrong?
Once the fun was over, we hit the road and headed home.  Not 2 minutes into our drive, I turned around and found this...
straight tuckered out, but don't you worry she's got a vice grip on those dolls.  They weren't about to leave her hands even if she was asleep. Once we got home and settled, I put Eden to bed.  A few hours later I went to check on her and I found this...
Yup!  I didn't put her to bed with those toys.  I came out and asked Les if he gave her the dolls when he kissed her good-night and he said "What toys?  I didn't give her anything."  We both had a good laugh about this.  Eden never leaves her bed once she's put in there.  She will cry "Mama, I'm awake! Come get me!" in the mornings when she wakes up.  She got out of her bed once and was terrified when I told her to get back in that bed that she has yet to ever do it again, but I guess she took a chance last night....it must have been worth it!

Well, I'm busy getting ready for birthday party part 2.  It's going to be even better than the first...if you can believe it!  Lots of crafting at my house and my awesome level is at an all time high...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Sara Langlois Fisher said...

looks like fun..i really like how Jesus made it into the superhero party on the mantel right above the transformer mask! haha...and i like the donut dessert :)

amy g said...

Holy crap, how fun! I'm sad we weren't able to make it :(. Those pictures at the beginning are awesome! Totally impressed and intrigued, how'd ya do it? I love that she slept with her dolls, so stinkin' cute! WHat a blast, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Hope school is treating you well, I'll let you know when I get some denim in the mail for you!

Megan said...

So cute! And such a fun party. Happy Birthday Eden!