What's a holiday without a delicious holiday inspired breakfast? I give you my Stars and Stripes Breakfast. Eden loved it!
Ever came over later and her and Eden just played outside all day long. They enjoyed dipping some strawberries in some blue sugar and playing a game of "Jaken" (Jake and the Neverland Pirates...a.k.a Jake-and). This is a staple around my house. Eden is ABSESSED with the Disney TV show. She walks around the house saying "Yo Ho Ho!" or "Ahoy Mateys!" She cracks me up!
Ever has had her eye on a little cheerleading outfit of Eden's since the day she saw Eden wear it. I believe her immediate response was "Why don't I have a dress like that?!" And so that day she made it a point to tell Eden they were going to play dress up and SHE was going to be the cheerleader and Eden was going to be the daddy...Not liking that idea too much, I interveened and told Eden she was going to be a USA soccer player and Ever was her cheerleader.
(insert VERY proud mama here)
My girl is pretty much a natural! I gave her the ball and told her to dribble across the backyard so Ever could cheer for her. Well, she took that ball and took off! Dribbling with BOTH feet might I add and I wasn't the only one SUPER impressed. My dad even said "Look at her go!! She's using both feet! Did you teach her that?!" Nope, my little girl just knows the way to her mama's heart. Soccer star here we come!
Later that evening the rest of the gang cam over for a BBQ. I tried to get Eden to show everyone her mad skills but true to her character she decided that she needed to "stretch" before she could preformed. She bent and twisted and did all sorts of stretching exercises I've never seen before and then decided she needed a break. So I guess the family will just have to wait until she makes her big soccer debut!
Of course I didn't get any pictures of the BBQ but I did take some pictures of the 4th of July inspired food we had, cuz well... like I've said. We do holidays right.
I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July. I love that I live in a country were I can spend my days with my family in a land that is free for us to be the Awesome Amazing family that we are! Happy 4th!









No comments:
Post a Comment