Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cuz...We're Awesome!

We love trips to Ogden cuz they mean we get some much needed cousin time.  Eden LOVES her cousins and always wants to be around them.  The second they all get to Pa's, it's in the big bed they gather to enjoy their favorite movies
We always love to adventure outside and below freezing temperatures is no reason NOT to swing
Marcia and I decided we were going to be AWESOME and give our kids a fun way to play outside... I give you "snow painting"
That's awesome as in... we are awesome moms not awesome as in this activity is awesome (even though it really was).
The kids had SO much fun squirted colored water on the white snow.  Marcia and I were geared up ready to join them but ended up spending all our time fill and re-filling the squirt bottle before we could make it outside. Eden and ever thought the melted snowman needed some color...
My dad decided that the kids needed a REAL snowman to color so he set out to make them one.
I think the thing I love about Ogden the most is the time Eden gets to spend with my dad.  He's an awesome Pa and Eden adores him.  I never had a grandpa going up and so I love watching him and how he loves doing stuff with the kids.  My dad is awesome!
Trying to figure out a way to play outside and get those couch potatoes away from the TV... Snow painting... it's awesome (and so are the mom's who do it)

1 comment:

Megan said...

The snow pain is a good idea. I let the kids just skirt water on the cement in the Summer (they can draw and write and what not) and they LOVE it. But instead of relaxing, I too, spend the whole time refilling the bottles.

I love the picture of Marcia and your dad lifting the huge ball of snow onto Frosty. Marcia's face is classic :)